- 29 Nov 2018
- 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
PPP (Public Private Partnership): specialprivacy.eu & Data Modeling is Dead, Long Live Schema Design !
PPP (Public Private Partnership): specialprivacy.eu and Data Modeling is Dead, Long Live Schema Design !
Agenda for Thursday, 29thNovember 2018 (17:00 to 20:00) at Proximus
- 17:00 Welcome and registration
- 17:30 “SPECIALPRIVACY.EU” For this presentation, DAMA BeLux are very fortunate to have 2 local partners in Belgium, for the Big Data “PPP” (Public Private Partnership), specialprivacy.eu. This project is funded under the Horizon 2020 ICT-18-2016 programme (4 million €, between 1/2017 and 12/2019). TenForce and Proximus will share with us their experiences on this project, which addresses the conflict between Big Data innovation and privacy-aware data protection. For details, please see: https://www.specialprivacy.eu/images/documents/flyer.pdf
- 18:15 “Data Modeling is Dead, Long Live Schema Design” Pascal Desmarets will present his controversially titled Dataversity article (June 2018: link: http://www.dataversity.net/data-modeling-dead-long-live-schema-design ), and he will discuss the need for traditional Data Modeling to be re-invented, in order to remain relevant and valuable in today’s organisations. In this session, we will look at some key enablers of agile data modeling, including domain-driven design and NoSQL technology.
- 19:00 Event wrap-up & “Ideation” for 2019 Events
- 19:15 Networking reception and drinks